ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

More Grunge Girls

Time for another in the Grunge Girls series:


Although you can't see the entire word, it said "ONE" which always puts me in mind of the U-2 song "One", for which partial lyrics are:
Have you come here for forgiveness?
Have you come to raise the dead?
Have you come here to play Jesus?
To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much?
More than a lot.
You gave me nothing,
Now it's all I got.
We're one,
But we're not the same -
See we hurt each other
Then we do it again.
You say:
Love is a temple,
Love's a higher law,
Love is a temple,
Love's a higher law.
You ask me to enter,
But then you make me crawl
And I can't keep holding on
To what you got
When all you've got is hurt.

One love,
One blood.
One life,
You got to do what you should.
One life,
With each other,
Sisters and my Brothers.
One life
But we're not the same.
We get to carry each other -
Carry each other.