ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My art (and other things) spilleth over

Like Scheherazade, I had so much with which to regale you yesterday, I decided to save a few tidbits for tonight to tide you over while I'm being weekend shopgirl, so with no further ado, here is another "grafittied garden gate" assemblage:


Several more of the houses I "built" for Angela's and my In This House yahoo group's "Unruly Artists Skylines & Skyscrapers" swap:


Another canvas I attached to a little "picket fence" (imagine the two together - bird/nest, get it?):


A pretty little image my brother Pete let me have from a wacky, early 20th century book he found on the subject of "Health":


Another photographic portrait I love of Silver (again by Heather), this time at the library:


And finally, another book that's currently "by my bedside", Sense of Style: Colour by Shannon Fricke. You may say to yourself, "Sheesh, why would anyone, let alone Sarah, need another book on colour?" Well, of COURSE I don't NEED another book on color, but dear reader, please note a Subtle Difference. This is coloUr! And in that single letter is a Whole New World, as it was sung in Aladdin, the animated musical. Seriously, the photographs in this book are practically dripping - even oozing, so saturated, so rife with color are they. So what the heck, I think you all might want to consider that empty spot on the bedside table (or floor) filled:


A couple of other notes --- look for details on the release of the latest cARTwright & fiShburn publication, Pasticcio (the zine) in the next few days. We'll have all the deets on where to get yourself a copy.

Denise, my heart goes out to you. I'm thinking good and loving thoughts for Sam's recovery.

Oh, I will have my art/Tartx manufacture bottlecap earrings and necklaces, mirrors, etc. listed on Etsy by the end of next week.

And one last thing. If any of you are interested, I have some pieces of excellent and pretty (vintage) Blue Fish to sell, and would like to deal directly, cutting out the (middle) Man. Let me know.