ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Pretty in pink; hold that pen, paint by number, iconic images & drink your vodka on the rocks

I'm lovin' the digicolor combo of this headshot (though feeling more myself with my hair long again. WHAT was I thinking the past few years? Did I fall for some theory about short hair, convince myself that spunky was a contraction of sassy & punky and that was just about exactly what I wanted? Maybe, but I never really achieved the perfect anime cut/style I imagined in my nightly forays into other worlds and ardently desired in waking hours, so for now, I'm boycotting the salon and back to chopping these bangs myself).


Need a zipper bag, perfect for keeping pens organized in your everyday messenger? Lisa gave me this one, it's from Gecko Traders and easily holds all of my PITT artist pens from Faber Castell:


Look what I found on the sale table, for $6?? I'm keeping my eyes open and holding my breath in hopes I will come across a few more with horse(s). After I finish this one, it will be hung in a spot of honor in Bonanza Jellybean (otherwise known as "the guest room"):


I find myself recreating my own art, with slight differences each time, using a snapshot I have of these three kids; it was taken in 1988. Maybe it represents an evolution of faith:


And last but not least, this doesn't really seem to need any commentary from me: