ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Things To Do In Denver (when you're alive)

If you live in the vicinity, don't miss this opening! Two of my favorite artists from New Mexico are showing. I know Holly, and her work absolutely astounds; its mysteries will leave you breathless. My darling friend and art pal Pat Chapman creates technically virtuoso assemblage. Not only are they perfectly swell constructions, with cunning bits and pieces she gathers from the best secret sources (!) and her own handcrafted frames, the same pieces may literally make you laugh AND cry. The woman's wit is boundless, and she always looks fabulous to boot! Get thee to their show. If not tonight, while it's there~!~
I'm sorry to say I'm not able to get down for their opening (having a "Limone Sale" tonight myself - I was lucky to be invited by my sweet friend Caterina to join her gang of artistic compatriots for a grand showing and sale at her home), but I send out airborne congratulations and kisses to Pat and Holly.