ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

7 Deadly Sins

NOT REALLY! I mean 7 (relatively) random things - requested by Deb S.


1) Both my totem animal and my Chinese Zodiac Year are: Horse.
2) When I'm the only one home, I blast Billie Holiday, Blind Faith, the Blues.
3) 43/53rds of my life have been spenting "raising" one child or another.
4) My Irish coffee is made with Scotch whiskey.
5) Many critics panned one of my all-time fave movies, The Postman, based on the novel of the same name.
6) I believe art can spring from joy + fun as well as sorrow + misery.
7) I saw the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey with a handsome young Welsh dwarf who looked just like Warwick Davis, the actor who played "Willow".