ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

May Flowers



As I've been working on the pretty new fence, I have tried to be oh-so-careful of the lilies of the valley who made their home along the old fence line. Successful on my neighbor Lynn's side, I was not so very on our own --- not because I didn't try; there was just too much digging of holes to save them all.


Here's my hope: they will make an unprecedentedly miraculous comeback next spring.