ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Brief Interlude from On the Road - Announcing the Winners


Surprises to be given out for people who left comments in March will be late getting into the mail since I was gone so much at the end of March and the beginning of April.
Sebastian drew names from a bag, and yes, those who made the most comments were most likely to have their name drawn, as you received one ticket for each comment!
I was only going to draw 4, April being the 4th month, but Sebastian was really excited to be my helper; he got a little carried away.
Dana, you got lucky again, we'll see if you think so when you get whatever (?) I send you!
Debi, I always owe you mail anyway.
Erika, it will, as usual. take you a while to get yours!
Kristen, yours is going to have to be doubly good, since I already promised to mail you.
Leticia, hope you liked the small treats!
Sylvia, this is the universe's way to get me to send YOU a package!
On another note, soon I hope to have a BIG surprise cool format sneak peek of
In This House
on my artsite to entice, delight and tide you all over until July.
In the meantime, this postcard is by an old fave artist of mine, Margaret Keane, more of which soon! If you happen to run across a swell source of her postcards or prints, please share it with me --- I'm not quite able to indulge my taste for the originals, though a round the corner neighbor of mine has a few, lending absolute authenticity to her 50's ranch house moderne.