ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Gifts of the Season

Yesterday while I was at work, Tiffini came by with the nicest gift, in a month which sadly has no real gift giving Red Letter days.
She used some favorites of my own art & created the gorgeous lightbox you see here.

Late last night, when I had the house to myself, snow was falling & I turned on the chili lights in the big blue bowl, along with the little lights I put in the front window in February. I lit a few candles, too & finally turned the light on in the lightbox. Ohhh, it was lovely!

The little angel kid collage you see above is by
my friend Erika Tysse.

Photos just visible on the corner shelf are of Sierra-Marie, Dante & September.