So, hey. A lot going on --- and as usual, practically no time to write. Though you can ALWAYS catch me over on Facebook
Gotta post some little SOMEthing for New Year's though, right?
Okay first, I wasn't able to meet my ROCKSTAR goal for 2010, but here's a list of my so-called resolutions for 2011. Already completed number 5, so that's good, right? Some are maybe (just a little) tongue in cheek. But still. The one about proviso and three year olds? I actually DID address that word to one of our kids at school - yes she's three (hey Maisy - maybe you're reading this blog! You ARE super smart...) right before vacation. A co-worker heard me, laughed, and only then did I think, oh, yeah I might shoulda thought about the fact that she's - well, three. On the other hand, what word better expresses the concept of proviso than, um, proviso?
13 Resolutions for 2011
- Go somewhere fun, out of town
- Make sure that two big issues of Pasticcio get published
- Sew one thing from the book Sewing Clothes Kids Love
- Sew one thing just for myself
- Get out my winter clothes and put away summer clothes by Jan. 3 ✔
- Make (at least one!) one new piece of art a month
- Make a new friend???
- Go on a (at least one!) hike
- Come up with a novel idea
- Get the crockpot out of the cupboard and use it at least twice a month
- Use the word proviso or other advanced vocabulary words with 3 year olds on a weekly basis
- Hang pictures on the opposite side of the hallway
- Use good judgment when posting on Momo Lolo facebook page
So that's done. Yay.
Okay next. Please go here
and you will see why I'm playing hooky from Riversong Waldorf Pre-School (shown partaking in a Willow Tree picnic below) on Friday the 7th. Wish me luck; this past year I have gotten used to the fairly constant awe, wonder, and yes, frequent laughter and equally frequent tears of those three year olds, and am not totally sure I can still inspire someone who has - well, quite probably a degree or two on me...
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, a new little babushka bébé joined our family. Yay again, and welcome to the world, beautiful Elspeth Dove, little sis to the ever darling Ezra Grace. Silver and Heather's tiny (albeit sweet) apartment may soon seem even tinier...
So there you have it; the best I can do...
I wish your 2011 will be filled with surprise and delight...simplicity and miracles. And most of all,
I wish you love ♥