ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Step right up and get some art...and make a difference while you're at it!

This original artwork of mine, a copy of my book In This Garden, and a copy of Pasticcio Quartz, Issue 12, are among the MANY cool, fun, lovely, and wonderful items being offered in a fundraising auction for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, hosted by my good friend and art comrade, Seth Apter of The Altered Page. I really hope you will consider making a bid - your will grow several sizes, I'm tellin' ya! If the bidding for Bundle #5, including the canvas pictured here, goes above $250, I promise I will include several exciting "extras" for the winner...Please support our efforts, and score some swell treats, for yourself or to pass on to your own lucky recipient. And thank you, from the bottom of my heart and the depths of my soul!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,