ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Save the Earth - but not today

Okay, fine, I admit it, sometimes I don't really think through the consequences of my own good intentions. I have been a little TOO good about the bag dealio. You know, you go to the market, they inquire in a bored voice, "Paper or plastic?" and you cheerily chirp, "Oh, neither, no worries, see I brought my own," (though you secretly totally wanna say, "Um, really, I like guys. . .") or alternately, "Naaaah, whatevuh, I can just stick all this s*** I probably don't really need anyway in my pockets. There. Ohhhh, did I leave that pretty little Comice sitting on the counter? Well, hehehe, that's not gonna fit in the old pockie, I'll just stuff it down the front of my shirt."

What, you never follow either of those scripts? Well, you're a better man than I. So, I find myself in a dilemma. I really DON'T have any plastic shopping bags, and I sure could use some for my Art 101 project, due right after New Year's.

Haha, fooled ya with that one I bet. No Art 101, but I seriously NO REALLY I TOTALLY MEAN IT, find myself in need of a couple of handfuls of plastic bags for an art thingie I'm starting to work on. I would love if I could get a few from some of you - can trade for them, if I have somethin' you want. . . Would love if any are clear, as I have a vision, or if any have funky writing or images, but will not turn any reasonable offer down.

Let me know if you think you can (or even wanna) help this tree hugger; as the cliché goes, I'll be forever in your debt.

Labels: , , , , , ,