ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dear Santa

Dear Santa,
I realize my name is not necessarily 100% without a doubt on the NICE list, but with only 8 days left until your Big Night, and just in case, I thought I should give you an inkling of my heart's desires for the Best Case Scenario.
1) Across the Universe - the DVD. I realize it's not even out on DVD yet, but to quote Cameron Diaz in Charlie's Angels, "I love Late Presents!" I should be more precise and say paraphrase, not quote, since her character actually loved TICKETS, but for all I know, she loved late prezies, too.
2) Stardust - the DVD. Now that one I know is out, and Target is open late, for your shopping convenience, in case the elves are all tuckered out although officially, it's not even the 10th hour yet.
3) Tin Man - the DVD. Okay, I totally realize not only isn't it out yet, but I haven't even seen it, so I am making a big Leap of Faith here, on some good friends' advice. I hope they weren't just messin' wit' me.
4) A new book that I will be able to get lost in. For a few hours anyway.
5) Rose Syrup - Jesus, why is it so hard to find. Just because I live in Colorado, I have to be punished and not have ready rose syrup access? Why, God? I mean, Santa. Why. A simple bottle of rose syrup, is that so much to ask?
6) I'm not sure what you call these, but that set of giant spoon and fork thingies, for serving salads. If it's a cool 'n' arty set, so much the better.
7) More pants just "exactle" like those rockin' ones I got in Little Tokyo.
8) Okay, I realize this will probably take a damn miracle on any street, or be like those freaky "scarlet ribbons, scarlet ribbons, scarlet ribbons for her hair", but there was this fabulous sweater in the Sundance Catalog, for which I totally considered dropping some big bucks. The Starlet Metallic Cardigan. I wanted it in black. I would have worn it every day. With everything. By the time I had a way to pay for it, the black was all sold out. Now, I think even the Fog Grey Heather is gone. The temptations of the world are great, oh Lord. I mean, Santa. But I loved that sweater, and imagined myself wearing it. I can even imagine myself in the Fog Grey Heather - guess I could go make art in my journal about it, but it's not the same. Really.


8) MSMO - Santa, Baby. Do I need to spell this out for you?
9) An irrevocable, Once and For All Sign from my mum. One I can have faith in. I would also ask, in that same vein, for World Peace, but these days, who doesn't? You know we want it, Santa. So come on already.
Finally 10) Actually, this is something you can HAVE, my special little gift to YOU, in lieu of biscochitos. Those lines by the side of my mouth. . . they're all yours darling, puh-leeze, just get them outta here.
PS: Sebastian is already giving me LOTS of those little seeds from the sumac trees, so I probably don't need any more, okay Santa?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,