ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Small blessings

Here are this week's free images,
click on them to enlarge, then save:
Illustration from a children's book, circa 1935
(Looks alot like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's to me!)

Illustration from a children's book, circa 1935
(in honor of families and friends feasting together)

Here's an advertising card from Mexico - I found it in LA:
That's it for the images for you to use,
hope you love 'em!

Now here's a totally cool thank you card
I received from Lisa Hoffman:
And last but not least, moi:
Today is one of those day filled with the kind of thoughts and daily challenges that make me count my blessings:
How can I establish a real relationship with my dad (with whom I have virtually nothing in common save the color of my hair)? What ever can I say to make it easier for a friend literally wandering the desert in search of a new life? When can I carve out the time to get my house (life) in a semblance of order and serenity? Those questions and a few others too, are what occupy my mind (and typing fingers) this cold and snowy Colorado evening, as darkness settles in. September and the boys just pulled all their snow clothes, boots and mittens on to crunch back around the corner in the gathering dusk. Colin will be setting out to the college to swim laps in a few minutes, and I'll light some peach and cranberry candles for the front room window to stave off the chill. Our family in the east - in Vermont and Massachusetts - are also covered in snow tonight. Corina has been told to stay put in Denver until morning light. . .
Everyone out there, stay warm, take care.
Yours in contemplation,
sarah