ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Just Mandarin Oranges and Green Beans, Or, Didn't even Buy The New Book

Here's the Narcissism Series for a Saturday night how-to:
It's my photo of myself, taken against a backdrop of my (previously scanned, enlarged and posterized) paint tubes and leaves, and the whole image again, posterized. I look a little freaked out, don't I? Really, I was just glancing up when I snapped the shot:

Shopped for a coat for a couple of hours this afternoon (and new sheets for Bonanza Jellybean, a treat for Holiday House Party guests). Luck? So far, not so much on either count, but I did find a cozy little Free People sweater at 75% markdown.

Now and then I come across something I did awhile ago and then forgot. Here are two atcs which resurfaced today, each featuring rubber stamps. 'The ice angel dreams of peace' was made with Ink and The Dog stamped images; on 'Wear the Old Coat', I used stamps from Roben-Marie at Paperbag Studios: