ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Soylent Green is PEOPLE, Or, peeking into a shower stall of the Rich (I hear) & Famous (def.)

C'est moi, not Jen. I came here,
straight from
my 10 minute shower,
to Photobooth for a few minutes.
('Scuz me while I drip dry.)

Jennifer Aniston has that All-American Windblown Surfer Girl look perfected. If I looked EXACTLY like she does (instead of, hmm well next to nothing like), maybe it wouldn't hurt my feelings, all that s*** she has had to take over her comment that she gets her pearly whites so pearly during her 3 minute showers. Which really is a GOOD THING. And assuming she only has one shower a day, I find it perfectly plausible she is telling the truth. The white and sprawling beaches to which she is a frequent visitor look pretty dang clean to me in those surf sprayed paparazzi shots, and I for one have gotten 99% of the sand off in an even 2. The main diff. between Jen and me as I see it is, she is not using her shower time to provide the primary heat source for her day, (I'll spare you a snide and lame jokey self-examination and eventual retraction of that statement in this episode of Ragtags) - the jolt of warmth which, when combined with a thermos of scalding cinnamon infused espresso, enables one to face the whipping winds and bonechilling temperatures of a global warming crazed Northern Colorado winter.

Speaking of, September (who is looking for A Few Good Men - aww, face it, Seppie Woo, really one will do) went out with one of our neighbor Ed's co-workers (at the Irrigation Shop), John (yes, really) Saturday night. She says he has the cutest little postage stamp apartment (Don't exaggerate so, Seppie, it's really brick, right?) downtown, is totally funny, and willing to discuss anything. He wants to go out again, but she is leery as he insists that Global Warming, if it exists, was certainly not caused by us (us Soylent Greenies, that is, PEOPLE). She says she feels that does not bode especially well for a second date, as she really IS looking for, if not 'The', at least 'A', One.

In my longer than 3 minute shower today, (Baby, it's cold outside -) I realized the Ragtags blog actually does have Readers. Readers who are not particularly Writers (that is, not really Commentators, that is, Commentators, but not really in a Public Forum Commentators). What led me to this conclusion? Because my email is more than frequently overflowing with private comments about some little blogaliscious something, but when I look at that cute little blog comment section itself, ooh, the mailbox is too often sooo empty, and not because it's a US Postal Holiday. That's okay (because I know I'm actually not but even if I was just talking to myself) at least I'm usually laughing at what I say. Now That's Entertainment.