ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Art (and art "etceteras") for the people

In a continuing spirit of Revolution - that is, always giving some art away, I want to remind you that everyone who leaves comments in March has multiple chances to become the lucky recipient of artful surprises, particularly if you leave more than one comment! So let me know what you're thinking, or up to, or wondering about.
In the meantime, this is a sample piece I made for 7gypsies to show off some of their cool crossover products for art journalers and scrapbookers alike. Hope you like it. (That's my daughter Corina with the long blonde hair, in her drawing class when she was living in Paris.)
I always have any new 7gypsies products on my artistic etceteras wishlist! If anyone can point me in the direction to grab some of their new "Gem Brads in a Tin Can", I will be actively grateful!