ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

True Vision

Here you see a page I made in the journal I took with me when I went to teach at Artfest in 2001. LK Ludwig thought it worth including in one of her many recent volumes on the artist's crafts - True Vision (published by Rockport/Quarry 2008), and I really, really appreciated being included! If you haven't seen True Vision, I really recommend you ask if they have it on the shelf of your local library --- though once you've perused its pages you may just decide you need a copy for your permanent inspiration bookshelf...

Labels: , , , ,