ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm IT

I've been TAGGGGGGGED...
(by my friend Connie Freedman)

What is your current obsession? working on Pasticcio 8

What is your weirdest obsession? my kids would probably say art by Margaret KeaneWhat would you eat for your last meal? maybe Indian, with mango custard on the side for dipping, and a strawberry lassi

What are you wearing today? brown linen adjustable length Free People cargoes bought on sale; a brown Niche blouse from Goodwill; black Victoria's Secret underneath, also on sale; Bijou Graphique earrings; an amber ring I got 13 years ago at a Russian shop in Vero Beach, Florida; a necklace I put together with a strand of carnelian beads and a silver martini glass charm from Angela; a pair of switchflops, and a pretty little french barrette (tortoisehell) Corina got for me at one of my fave shops in Denver, Talulah Jones What are you listening to right now? my kitty's collar bell... car doors slamming out on the street... our screen door slamming...

What is your favorite ice cream flavor? homemade blackberry (from our own berries), but out of season, any of the deep, dark, chocolatey ones...

What do you think of the person who tagged you? I think she is absolutely darling; we connected instantly the first time we met, and she is true blue!

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would that be? on any beach not prone to hurricanes or tidal waves...If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would that be? downtown Chicago or New OrleansWhat language would you like to learn? I would like to REALLY learn Spanish, also French...

What is your favorite color? varies from day to day, although I never really like puce or taupe

What is your favorite piece of clothing? skirts my friend Angel D'amico (in Chicago) painted for me, and my Rice Freeman-Zachery homage to New Orleans skirt

Favorite TV show? Project Runway, True Blood (but we don't get them so I go to my friend next door's house, or watch on DVD)

If you had $100 right now, what would you spend it on? put it toward the rent...

Who is your favorite artist? too many to list here, dead and alive...

What is your favorite season? summer

Describe your personal style: urban boho (no, I didn't mean "hobo")

What is your favorite movie? too many to pick from - I do love post apocalyptic stories, and time travel...

What inspires you? EVERYthing...

What music do you like this week?
a local Fort Collins band, SHEL (see Ragtags post from a few days ago...)

What is your dream job? reviewing things, or being a personal shopper (only because I could probably get paid for them, and sadly, not for beachcombing...)

If you could change something in the world to make it a better place, what would that be? make it more beautiful, and help those who are sad to be happy, or at least, okay with things, and ban those who seek to do others harm from achieving their goal

If you could change anything about you, what would it be? I would be more organized and kinder

What is your favorite perfume of all time? Paris, or (the ORIGINAL) Yardley Lily of the ValleyWhat's your best (or most comforting) remedy for a cold? hot lemonade (not Countrytime, but the REAL frozen stuff!!)

So, those are all the questions. Mine (see below) are the last two. So here are the rules:
1) Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with one of your invention, add one more question of your own.
2) Tag 4 people
Caterina
priti.lisa
Roxanne Stout
KC Willis
Sherry Goodloe (ok, so I can't count ---)

Labels: , , ,