ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Friday, June 06, 2008

"haiku?" memoir

September tagged me, and it's a cool one - not too time-consuming, and quite revealing!

1. Write the title to your own memoir using 6 words.
2. Post it on your blog.
3. Link to the person that tagged you.
4. Tag five more blogs.

I immediately thought of several that are apropos:

  • I have FIVE chapters due tomorrow!
  • I'm just so worried about you. . .
  • Watchin' a movie . . . call you back?
  • We haven't had a party forever.
  • Where'd all these kids come from?
But none of those titles truly, and in a nutshell, express the ultimate optimism of my life as thoughtfully, succinctly and poetically as this, my final choice:

Maybe there are Meteor Showers tonight!

See, I even seem to have made this small canvas as illustration!
Now I tag: Shirley, Roxanne, Roben-Marie, Catherine, and Leighanna.