ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Clockwise Witness



Devotchka, The Clockwise Witness

It don't look right in broad daylight.
It don't feel right to me.
If you win the rat race,
If you come in first place,
Then a rat is all you will be.

How long will this take?
How long must I wait?
My heart is sinking. What was I thinking?
I can't fake it anymore.

In this moment of atonement, can you ever forgive me?
Is there something hovering? It seems to be governing
everything once dear to me.

Oh and how long will this take?
How long must I wait?
And my heart is sinking. What was I thinking?
I can't fake it anymore.

Labels: , ,