ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Friday, January 18, 2008

ruff, ruff, meoooowwww

Greetings from Bernie Berlin and "A Place To Bark",
I am writing to you, in hopes you will help me make a difference. . . As many of you know, I have been doing animal rescue for now, 8 years. We have grown over the years from helping 10 to 25 a year to now for "2007" over 400 animals. Never had I planned to walk this road for so many years and finally come to the realization that this is going to be a part of my life for a long time to come. Just recently, we have been given a HUGE opportunity. The first is a matching grant from the "Zoline Foundation". Any donations made to "A Place to Bark" via the badge link below, will be matched up to $25,000.00 until June 1st, 2007.

In addition to the matching grant we are currently in a contest called "America's Giving Challenge" all donations made, will be counted and if we have the most individual donations by January 31st, 2007, we will win a $50,000.00 grant. If this happens we can build our much needed shelter. Now, the EXCITING NEWS IS: We are in the top ten!!!
www.sixdegrees.org/Top.aspx
But we can get knocked out of the running, if we don't keep going!!
We need to be in the top 4 to win the grant money.

We all have a voice, something the animals I help don't. They depend on us to care for them and I have seen a world of neglect since I have moved to the south. Bad things happen everywhere I know, but I focus on what I can do and the good that is being done. In the past two years my program has saved over 700 animals. I've put it out to the Universe that this is something that I have dedicated my life to and will continue to do so and also continue to do my art in tandem:)

What I am asking of you, is if you can to make a $10.00 donation to increase our chances of winning 50k grant money. Please help me to spread the word. We are all powerful individuals, who can create change if we put our hearts and minds to it. If you don't feel comfortable spreading the word, that is fine too, no pressure. I have to exhaust all my resources for my cause.

If it is meant to be, all things will work out as they should and I will be picking up dog and cat poop the rest of my life:)

All you have to do is click on this 'badge' to donate:



If you donate, you will receive a receipt immediately, all donations are tax
deductible. I am a registered 501(c)3 with non profit status. Whether we win or not we still will receive the matching grant. Please help spread the word, we so want to make our vision a reality. There is also a video of our current kennels here if you click on the link that is on the badge.

I thank you for your time and truly appreciate any help you can give.
My best to you...

Bernie Berlin
"A Place to Bark"
http://www.aplacetobark.blogspot.com
http://www.networkforgood.org/pca/Badge.aspx?badgeId=109357