ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Flashbacks

SEE THIS MOVIE!
Colin thought it was as fun as I did. If they had been selling the DVD with the popcorn, I would have bought a copy for everyone I know:
My phone photo of a fence (see Pasticcio 2, The Holiday Issue, due out in December, for an interesting albeit brief examination of that phrase - "phone photo of a fence) on a street corner in Albuquerque less than two short months ago (yes, it's true, inspired by the movie still shown above - that's Jim Sturgess and Evan Rachel Wood all Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - I played with a filter or two):
Angela's and my class at Zinnia in September. Isn't it the swellest little art shop? Don't you wish it was in your neighborhood? Don't you just love Tamara and her shop peeps, both boys and girls? I know I do: