ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Life, always less ordinary

First, let me just say, "Happy October". Though not a summer month, it's still a good one.
Lots of Household Decor and Design opportunities, not to mention fallen leaves for creating stencil masks, and we can, after waiting nine entire months, finally wear anything we prefer.
Oh wait, I usually do that anyway! Here, thanks to the Sunday Style section of the New York Times, I have at least one AlternaAntoinette possibility:
Paris Fashion Discoball Headdress Girl bears a startling similarity to the Buddha image on this cool little door hanger art I bought from Suki at Zinnia, the day of Angela's and my Two Story House class:
Speaking of inspiration taken from all the news that's fit to print, here is the
notice from last weeks edition of the newish Fort Collins paper The Chronicle
announcing The Gorey Detales Exhibit:
And a photo of Tiffini (Twila), Lisa (Rachel), and moi (Safronie) at the exhibit last Friday night. Lisa deserved a fab prize for following directions! By the time my week was over, I was just "glad to be there":
This is an October flavored detail of my piece. The 11 x 14 canvases are oh so SPECTACULAR in their full Gorey. Get over to the Artist's Nook before November 17th to see for yourself.

Next, we have two feline fotos. My neighbors Ed & Niamh Bergeron have two dear kitties, a kind of special needs longhair, Salmon, otherwise known as Sammie, and a preening prince Peyton. Janie, my murderous black bombshell, has decided to join them for a meal or two every day:
And Salmon, PLEASE come down from my roof, your mummy & datty are worried about you!
Peyton, that little ringtailed prince of a cat who comes to visit me and my full-length mirror daily, wanted these End of Summer Yard Sale finds (50 cents each), but I had to tell him no.
Maybe I will let him borrow them if he purrs nicely:
More (and maybe even better, Dear Diary) tomorrow, I PROMISE.
sarah