ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Or SOMETHING. . .

One hot summer night a few years ago, Colin, Corina, Brent, Dante, Sebastian and I went to a nearby park - Silver may have been there, too - I can certainly IMAGINE that he was. C, C, B & (big) S (if he WAS there) played tennis while the little boys chased balls and took turns walking around the park with me.
An hour or so went by in that fashion, and it was getting too dark (the evening starlight being filtered through a pretty stand of trees) and there were too many biting bugs to stay longer.
As we were walking away from the courts a general suggestion was heard - "Let's go for ice cream." Sebastian was so little - 2 - but had a definite opinion. In a loud voice he added, "Or popcorn, or SOMETHING. . ."
I wish I could say I finished everything I needed to this week. Here's the sum of my "or SOMETHING":

my art and "text" cards for Red Dog Scott's Carnivale Mystere Tarot Deck project

piece No. 1 for the Hands Up art auction for Autism
(Corina Gerety's photo of some kids in Rwanda, Green Pepper Press rubber stamps,
fleur de lis stencil, thank you, Angela!)

piece No. 2 for the Hands Up art auction for Autism

And now, for a RED LETTER Announcement!
"or SOMETHING": I have quite a bit of store stock (art, art supplies, books, etc.) from leaving the Creative Underground (nothing bad - just time to move on to finally getting my own house in order, from completing long overdue promised swaps and projects to clearing a space on my desk larger than a dime) taking up space that never existed to begin with, it's time for some MAJOR giveaways! I will do 3 random drawings from the names of anyone who comments on this post before midnight, September 1st (my dad's birthday and harbinger of the harvest season) and the winners will receive packages FILLED with all kinds of goodies. I promise they will be more than peachy; they will be a veritable
cornucopia of awesomeness.