ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Showing Off and Free Art



These pics only begin to do justice to last week's show in the Salud! Room at the Fort Collins Whole Foods. It was fairly attended, considering the weather (brrrrr), and warmly received.
The show I had there last summer was screamin' with peeps, but hey, it was SUMMER!
Those of you who didn't make it Friday missed out on swell art gifts --- I had everything from pocket mirrors to pillows, mixed-media narrative originals to embellished prints in lovely vintage frames.
You also missed the dulcet tones of Colin's jazzy flute improvisations and some particularly yumma knosh, including melt in your mouth spanakopita, South African Rooibos tea, and of course, rich, deep, dark, chocolate.
I can't make up for missed tunes and you'll have to provide your own edible treats, but you can contact me anytime if you have a raging gift need and your fave auntie already owns one of everything YOU have ever created, my clever darlings!
Two other notes: First, Lisa did the FABULOUS painted wood hangings --- I picked up 4 for Valentine's gifties and 1 for my cousin's wedding which took place last December, but who cares WHEN the package arrives as long as it gets there?
And secondly, I picked two Heart Art giveaway winners --- then decided since I am already making up a new batch, I would send out a bonus. So if Dana, Susan Goodell and The Modern Hippies can let me know to where, I will get your deliveries out to you posthaste! The March Free Art in Your Mailbox giveaway will be upon us before you know it, so keep reading (and writing). 'Cuz ya just never know.