ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Emerald has been prized


E is for Emerald
Here's my diamond shaped 5" x 5" Creative Underground
Funky Fold-Up Alphabetica swap page:
E is for Emerald.
(The daisy paper is just a pretty background for this blogspot entry.)
How'd I make the page?
Well, I used a vintage photo taken in Chicago - just about my favorite
American city - tinted green in Photoshop for the background.
Printed out & hand-colored (with colored pencils) the woman - she's
from a swell vintage postcard in my collection. Printed out my little
commentary on a piece of vintage ledger paper - thanks, Jaylene!
Attached those two elements to the background, added a bit of emerald
colored metallic rub-on to the edge of the torn ledger paper, and rubbed
on some Basic Grey swirlies, butterflies, flores & little birds.
Almost colorful, a bit mysterious & just my style.