ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Eye of the Beholder

In my never ceasing quest to "catch-up", I am finally sending along a Thank You to my darling art friend, that lost Aussie on the loose herself, Marie Otero, for giving me a Brillante blog nomination! Now it's my turn.

Every day I think how cool it is, how lucky we are, to be alive in the 21st century, a time when the people of the world can communicate daily, for very little cost, with people we would rarely (if ever) have had the opportunity to, just a few short decades ago.

I'm passing the Brillante award along to - drumroll, please:
In accordance with the rules for receiving this award please:
Put this logo on your blog:
Then:
  1. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
  2. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
  3. Add links to those blogs on yours.
  4. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

Labels: ,