ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Shelf in the Life - Home Portrait #1

I've had a few requests to show nooks & crannies, crevice & crawlspace. Not to overwhelm, I thought I would do it ala self-portrait - maybe 2 or 3 at a time. So with no further ado, here's my bedroom and then my dresser - if ya click on the pics, you can see more deets. Yes, it's usually this picked up. The window behind the bed faces West. The top book on the pile on the chair is WHAT IT IS (Lynda Barry). The bed is rumpled toward the bottom corner because Janie Marie Appleseed was curled up fast asleep there until I started clicking away:

Labels: , , , , ,