ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Made MY day!


I received a swell surprise when I showed up for my daily morning 'chat' at Marie Otero's blog. Even though I'm actually just reading the latest goings on of the authors at the keyboards behind the pages, it's almost like a quick daily visit (hence, chat) since I find myself responding, laughing and definitely feeling a bit of the back and forth rapport one experiences when truly in the same room having a lively chat!
Anyway, I am terrifically honored to be one of Marie's recipients of the "You Make My Day" award! (She also listed some well-loved blogs I def. would have included in my list if she hadn't claimed them first, including ---
Robin-Marie Smith
Emmy Tofa
Catherine Moore
Denise Lombardozzi)

The rules? Name 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blog land. Let them know through email or by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. My picks are here, in no particular order:

Jennifer Gordon
Angela Cartwright
Lou Robinson
LK Ludwig
Suzi Blu
Pilar Pollock
Erika Tysse
Lia Kent
Charlotte Lyons
Leighanna Light
and of course, that very cool bi-continental artist herself, Ms. Marie!