ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

who what when where how

Last night I got a series of questions from Emmy. I did NOT read directions. They were each supposed to be answered with only ONE word! How is that even possible? I have no idea.
But I stole this list of questions from Jenn, and answered them, since there seemed to be no word strictures.


1. Are you taller than your best friend?
Def. NO. (No matter who she or he is!!)

2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
One I accidentally brought home from Angela's and never sent back. It's red and says Alvarado Paint & Hardware, LA. It doesn't say what kind it is, but it writes better than any pen I have ever seen!

3. Look at your planner for March 8th, what are you doing?
Working on the new book.

4. What color are your toenails usually?
In winter, their own color, in summer something bright (my neighbor J___ would say "garish").

5. What was the last thing you highlighted?
An image on a piece of art I was working on.

6. What color are the curtains in your bedroom?
Pink & orange.

7. What color are the seats in your vehicle?
My bike seat is black.

8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
No, but a black and white one at the same time, sort of; the white one was my room mate's. He called her Ice Cream. Mine was black and HIS name was Lord Krishna Tittielick (for obvious reasons).

9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?
A birthday card to one of my kids and his girlfriend.

10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming?
Yes, several. Hey, Deb!

11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?
Can't, have no atm card, had to cancel it because a lame ass company called Passport to Fun (yeah, whatever!) put fraudulent charges on it. So, if I don't get some more $$ in my paypal account soon, I'm f***ed.

13. Can you spell well?
Yes. W-e-l-l.

14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?
No!

15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?
None, never have hope I never will.

16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators:
Hurricanes suck, Katrina was a byatch, but Miami does have some cute architecture, and I hear the vintage clothes scene rocks. . .

17. Last time you went to Six Flags?
Um, never?

18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house?
No.

19. Closest thing to you that is yellow?
Appliqued flowers on my top.

20. Last person you gave a business card?
Someone I sent an etsy purchase to.

21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to?
Sylvia Luna

22. Closest framed picture to you?
An antique print from a book on East Indian art, this one depicting love themes, that my SIL gave to me.

23. Last time you had someone cook for you?
Sunday night at the Rio.

25. How many emails do you get in your inbox daily (excluding spam)?
Average between 100-200 a day, sometimes a little more or less.

26. Last time you received flowers?
???

28. Do you play air guitar?
I have. But prefer singing on Rock Band.

29. Has anyone ever proposed to you?
Yup.

30. Do you take anything in your coffee?
Nope.

31. Do you own any Willow Tree figurines?
Yes. They were my mum's. She's dead, so now I have them.

32. What is/was your high school’s mascot?
Eagle (Eldorado, Albuquerque).

33. Last person you spoke to from high school?
Via email, a (re) union organizer.

34. Last time you used hand sanitizer?
I was trying to remember if I did on our road trip last summer - but don't think so.

35. Would you like to learn to play the drums?
Yes.

36. What color are the blinds in your living room?
No blinds; the curtains are fuschia & orange.

38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?
An article about the play with the ink drawing sets that you can see in my previous blog entry.

39. What was the last pageant you attended?
Hm. Well. Never have been to a pageant.

40. What is the last place you bought pizza from?
Nick 'n' Willy's.

41. Have you ever worn a crown?
Only of thorns. (BAD BAD joke, Mea Culpa, (as much as a non-Catholic can say Mea Culpa!))

42. What is the last thing you stapled?
Transparency pockets onto altered steno books for a cd swap.

43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi?
What? Is that another name for vodka?

44. Are you ticklish?
Varies.

45. Last time you saw fireworks?
I assume this is NOT referring to the kind from fabulous sex? well, then, last 4th of July.

46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut?
Never, but would like to try one someday.

47. Last person that im’d you, and you actually responded?
I don’t IM.

49. Do you have a black dog?
Josie's a border collie, so she is only part black.

51. Are you an aunt or uncle?
Yes.

52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of?
Me, but all those peeps in the Margaret Keane paintings run a close second.

53. Last time you saw a semi truck?
Recently.

54. What is the last song you belted out in the car?
I was singing "Robin Hood and Little John walking through the forest" this morning with Sebastian, but we were in the living room.

55. Do you have a little black dress?
I really really really need one. Yes, need.