ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Announcement, apologies, explanations, a quiz, and a promise


Did you already get a chance to order your copy of the holiday Pasticcio - Issue 8? The pages above are sneak peeks from Palais d'Art, the gallery section. Aren't they beauts? I'm positive you'll love this issue, highlighting everything from Pets to Plaid. While you're at it, you might want to consider giving yourself the gift of any back issues you may have missed!

Sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I HATE both, but I keep getting spammed. ERGH! Just can't deal with it anymore...sigh...At the moment it feels like maybe spammers are the only people reading my blog. I realize I have been neglectful of it, along with most everything else in my life. The year swept by so quickly and my best intentions were left behind.

Also, I still intend to draw a name however belatedly for my October giveaway to get people to sign up in droves for my canceled class at KC's - clearly a marketing technique which did not do the trick - I will do it later this week - have a LOT of catching up to do -

Here's a quick quiz for fun. Identify this photo - where or what it is -
and I will do another drawing for an additional prize:

Labels: , ,