ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Like Project Runway...

Yes, I'm seriously considering traveling to Mexico sometime next year to offer an art retreat at Vane Erosa's little shop - but in the meantime, I do really hope you will consider taking my December workshop closer to home, in beautiful, historic, scenic, delightful, Longmont, Colorado, at KC Willis' darling studio. Can I confide in you? I no longer offer classes at any of the large venues because honestly, I feel that the overwhelm of atmosphere, the often too large classes where only the least shy are likely to receive one's absolute attention, and the not infrequent dramas of so many (rightfully) excited people in one place are not necessarily conducive to a quality experience. That's not to say they aren't fantastic for many; just that I personally prefer the intimacy and attention I can offer to my students when I teach locally, or while on personal travels. Whether you love attending the large workshops or prefer a more intimate setting, whether you are outgoing or a bit of a wallflower, I can promise a weekend you will count among your most inspiring and with plenty of fun, too!
The details of my workshop at KC's are here, but let me stress that we will be covering all the techniques I EVER use, and my personal "elements of design" as each student creates an entire artist book over the course of the weekend. Think of it as a book artist's version of Project Runway...by Sunday afternoon, we will be having our own runway exhibition, and NO ONE WILL BE OUT!

Labels: , , , , ,