ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

look beside my bed

Check out the sidebar section "Look beside my bed - you'll find" - there's a whole new stack of books luring me to the bedroom early of late. Really, the job at which I would most excel (y'all do realize I am seeking gainful {read, mortgage paying} employment, qué no?) involves books - I could read to anyone, having excellent read aloud skills. I can compose a pithy review, and while I'm at it, write a book or two of my own...
photo above courtesy of Sydney Swap and Sell Market

Labels: , , , , ,