ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Forbidden Fruit

Not sure about my three kid brothers, but I know I've mentioned before that growing up, I was NOT allowed to 'read' comic books! Maybe my parents were just not communicating clearly to me - maybe it was that I wasn't supposed to SPEND MONEY on them. Which doesn't make a lot of sense, since there was NO MONEY TO SPEND~!~
If only Free Comic Book Day had existed. Free Comic Book Day happens every year on the first Saturday in May; that's just in time for my birthday. May 2 this year.
Anyhow, I love comics and graphic novels, yet having lacked early exposure, am not well-versed.
For example, had never met up with the Spectacled Blade before...
Okay fine, I admit it, Spectacled Blade is MY secret identity self-portrait; I evolved here. But shhh, mum's the word. Please! It's only not a secret if YOU tell.

Labels: , ,