ragtags studio central: sarah's random this & that

random means "having no definite aim or purpose," (1655), taken from "at random" (1565), "at great speed" (thus, "carelessly, haphazardly"). In 1980s college student slang, it somehow, and sadly, acquired a distinct sense of "inferior, undesirable." (Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper) Well, okay, fine, Mr. Online Etymology Dictionary person, but THIS is the 21st Century. It's a whole new ball of wax.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I can walk under ladders"

Yeah, just like Joan Armatrading, I'm lucky. For example, today, I thought we wouldn't get mail. My across the street neighbor left his dog outside, sitting on his front stoop, and Ralph? Well, let me tell you, she is one big pup! Yeah, she's totally a girl dog--- like the girl Ralph in So I Married an Axe Murderer? Well, our mail lady has had a few bad dog moments, and I thought she would not deliver to any of us with Ralph out there, but she braved my house at least, and I got two swell things. The first: a little artist's book published by Drawn and Quarterly. I don't want to tell you more, as it will be included on the Complementary Bookshelf in Pasticcio 4, available in July or August, but suffice it to say you will fall head over heels. The second? I am so psyched to now have gracing my studio a darling little red-haired Wishing Fish Fairy painted by the fabulous (and also darling) Ms. Suzi Blu. She is currently inspiring SEVERAL entire generations of artists, writers and shop owners, all over the world! Watch her in action and there's no way to resist being inspired . . .




Here's little Ms. Wish:

Labels: , , , , ,