I was tagged by Shirley Ende-Saxe
to write 5-7 things about myself. God knows I love to talk about me. If you do too, about YOURself, then tag, you're it!
1. Hadn't bought (or worn) a pair of blue jeans in the past 35 years (denim overalls are not jeans, right?) but recently got 4 pairs of cropped jeans at the ARC. Now I think I might need a pair that's not cropped, too. They are so cozy worn under skirts, better than tights really when it gets so cold and I am not turning on the heater.
2. Was so occupied in the late '70s and early '80s with small children, that when the mid to late '80s happened, I fell in love with its movies and music, and still love to this day.
3. If I know a book is a best seller, even though I am one of the most avid readers I know, I will avoid it unless there's some freaky book miracle where it practically falls in my lap from the sky.
4. Love the artist Margaret Keane, and like the Barenaked Ladies, if I had a million dollars, I would go to the Keane Gallery across from Ghiradelli Square in San Fran, and buy me some swell art, esp. a copy of "Grant Avenue, Chinatown, San Francisco". Or conversely, maybe sell everything I have and buy one of Andy Warhol's Annie Oakleys (yes one is available now and again).
5. I put off scrubbing the kitchen floor until it is disgusting, even though it bothers me if there is even one dirty spot.
6. Fantasies about living alone in large urban areas turn me on, and I don't really get scared. Even though crazy bad things have almost happened to me at times. I guess "I'm lucky, I can walk under ladders."
7. Every now and again I get the urge to cut my hair and then I do it and then I hate it until it grows long again.
Photo above by Steve Schapiro, Andy Warhol Mimics Margaret Keane 'Waif'